Where in Florida Can You Find a Retirement Paradise?
Retiring in Florida is a dream for many people stuck in cold northern states during the winter. If you would like to retire to a mild climate, plenty of water, and many cultural opportunities, consider some of these popular retirement destinations.
Popular Florida Retirement Destinations by Region:
- Living on the Gulf: Naples, Tampa, St. Petersburg, Sarasota, Fort Myers, Clearwater
- The Keys: Key West, Key Largo
- The Atlantic Side: Boca Raton, West Palm Beach
- South Florida city experiences: Fort Lauderdale, Miama
- Middle and Central Florida: The Villages, Gainesville, Daytona Beach
What Attracts Retired People to the Sunshine State?
Of course, the mild climate attracts many retirees to Florida. Some parts of the state can get fairly sticky during the summer, but the northern part of Florida is actually fairly nice most of the year. However, the weather is not the only attractive thing about this state.
The cost of living is relatively low in many parts of the state, and that is particularly true if you compare it to northeastern states. Food, healthcare, and housing costs attract many people to the area. Also, the state does not have an income tax. There is a state sales tax, but that can be controlled by consuming less.